get to know us
“there is hope for those who enter here”
- Advocate for responsible spay/neuter practices & annual vet care
- Help educate the community about pet ownership
- Work to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Provide pet therapy to residents of area nursing homes
- Instruct school children in choosing the right pet for their home
- Support other animals welfare organizations and rescues
- Work to ensure that animal abuse and cruelty are investigated
- Endeavor to make the Jersey Shore Animal Center a place of refuge, safety, love and kindness for animals awaiting adoption.
- We receive no federal, state or county funding and we rely on private donors to support our programs and services. The Jersey Shore Animal Center is not affiliated with, nor a partner with any other shelter. We do not receive funds from the Humane Society of the United States, The ASPCA, the New Jersey SPCA or the Associated Humane Society.
board of directors
The Jersey Shore Animal Center is governed by a volunteer board of directors that meets on a scheduled quarterly basis. The JSAC is a private, 501-C-3, not for profit organization established in 1981.
President: Amy Delaney
President Emeritus: Rosemary Todino
Vice President: Barbara Wingel
Secretary: Joan Mackiewicz
Treasurer: Jean Donaghue-Simon
Glenn Behan, DVM
We wish to acknowledge the following foundations and organiztions that have generously supported us over the years. It is only through their grants or donations that we are able to make equipment and office purchases or fund a special one-time project.
Todino Family Foundation, Investor’s Bank Foundation, The Provident Back Foundation, The Shelter, Inc, The Humane Society of the United States, PetSmart Foundation, Petco Foundation, The Wilkerson Trust, The Corzowski Schamann Foundation, The Rotary Club of Brick Morning, The Hecht Family Foundation, The Sambol Family Foundation, The James Verhalen Family Foundation, The Joan Delanis Foundation, Service Club of Greenbriar, Veterans Middle School Chorus Concert and Band, Ocean County Vo Tech Schools, Ocean County College