The Jersey Shore Animal Center reserves the right to refuse and/or terminate any volunteer for any reason.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Jersey Shore Animal Center. ALL new volunteers are required to attend a General Orientation before starting to volunteer. Due to the increased interest in our volunteer program, we have a few requirements that must be followed:
- Due to the high volume of volunteers that apply each day, your services may not be needed at the moment. If that is the case, we will hold onto the application for 60 days in case a position become available.
- Must volunteer a minimum of 1 day per week.
- Work on a schedule that is chosen and worked out by you and the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Understand that if you fail to show for your shifts for over a month, without calling out, you will be terminated as a volunteer.
- Under new policy, with the growth of the volunteer program and fact that volunteers work with animals and people, a background check must be done on all potential volunteers submitting an application. The interested person will pay a $15 fee at the time of submitting a volunteer application while the shelter covers the rest of the cost. The fee can be paid by cash and will not be refunded in the event that you do not volunteer at the Jersey Shore Animal Center. All information will be considered confidential. Applicant will need to fill out the “Authorization for Volunteer Background Check” sheet as well.
- **At the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator and Project Director we may request a doctor’s note regarding the limitation and we reserve the right to limit the volunteer activity for the safety of all involved at any time during the hours here.