adopt, don’t shop!
see our entire list of animals up for adoption
online adoption applications
Adopting your forever friend at the Jersey Shore Animal Center
Every day people make the decision to open their hearts to their new best friend(s) and give them a forever home. The JSAC advocates for annual vet care and responsible spay/neutering for all of our animals.
We urge you to adopt from your local shelter. The Jersey Shore Animal Center always has pets for adoption including dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies.
Our little friends come to us many times because the owner surrenders, from overcrowded shelters or rescues and occasionally as victims of animal abuse or cruelty. We are proud that we are able to place many “senior” pets looking for a new home.
- Dogs ……………………$250.00
- Puppies……..…………$350.00 (6 mos or younger)*
- Senior………………….$150.00 (7 yrs and up)
- Kittens….……..………$130.00 (6 mos or younger)*
- Seniors…………………$50 (7 yrs and up)
*NO puppies or Kittens 6 months or younger will be adopted into a home where there are children 6 yrs of age or younger.
adoption fees include:
- Rabies shot – 1 year
- Heartworm testing (dogs)
- Feline Aids/Leukemia test (cats)
- Spay/neuter procedure (if age allows)
- Age appropriate vaccinations
- Microchip and registration
- Free Shelter ID tag
- Going home informational packet
general adoption policies:
The Jersey Shore Animal Center believes strongly in responsible and educated pet ownership and our adoption process is thorough and unhurried. We do not do same day or off site adoptions. We require you to be 21 years of age, with a valid ID to adopt from our facility.
If you visit our shelter you will be taken on a guided tour by one of our volunteers to see our animals, and if you are interested, an adoption application will be supplied. Additional information will be required if you have not owned a pet in the last 5 years. The information you provide is very important to the JSAC. It helps assure us that proper annual veterinary care will be provided and the new home environment, whether it be a home, condo, apartment or other residence is appropriate. We work carefully with each family to help select the right pet for them. We do not adopt puppies or kittens 6 months of age or younger will not be adopted to families with children 6 years of age or younger.
Your application will be processed and reviewed within 24-48 hours. Decisions on applications submitted on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available after 1:00 on Monday. You may interact with the animal of your choice only after your application has been approved. You MUST Call to find out the status of your application or if the adoption committee has any questions: 732-920-1600 x 0
The Jersey Shore Animal Center is dedicated to placing our animals in their forever homes through our adoption process. Jersey Shore Animal Center reserves the right to deny any application that is deemed unsuitable for the animal. Our adoptions are not on a first come-first serve basis. Our sole purpose is to find the best match and the best possible home for the animal.
application for adoption
- Fill out an application online or download and print.
- If you have not owned a cat/dog in the last 5 years you must also fill out the “non pet questionnaire”.
- As in the past, it will take 24-48 hours for the application process to move forward, you MUST call after 1pm the following day.
- Decisions on applications submitted Friday-Sunday will not be available until after 1:00 pm on Monday.
downloadable adoption applications